Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 2: Morning of March 15th, 2012

Hello all,

The night was fairly uneventful. Just as Patti has stated in her last post they came in and monitored his levels throughout the night. They did a chest ex-ray to make sure the tubes are located in the proper spots in his lungs. He did have what they thought were the hiccups a few times during the night but he was able to stop them without having any extra medication given. It was not fun to watch his body react to the hiccups but I was grateful that he was sedated.

It looks as if some of the swelling is decreasing in his eye and hopefully in his arm. They have mentioned that his blood count is a little low so they might be giving him a one unit transfusion before surgery. As for now we are keeping the lights down low and talking in very quiet tones to help him rest.

Patti and I were able to get a little sleep in last night. Scott's Dad and Step-Mom are also here and have been a wonderful support. The hospital has given us information for places to stay and Scott's Dad got a room at one of the places close to the hospital.  So we do have a place to go to shower and rest if we choose to go. I know many of you have mentioned that I need to take care of myself during this time. I am sure you will be happy to hear that Scott's dad brought me some potato soup last night and I was able to hold down the portion I did eat. I am still trying to process everything that is happening and my body is having a difficult time. I have been so blessed to have married into such an amazing family. They have been wonderful in providing the hugs and support that I know my family is wanting to give to me from Utah at this time.

It has been so touching to receive all the kind words, comments, phone calls, and packages. I know that it is hard to be on the other end of this wishing to know what to say or what to do to make it better or how you can help. Please keep the prayers coming, every little bit helps.

Love you all,

Ashley

5 comments:

  1. We do SO wish we could do something, but in the meantime we're praying really hard for both of you! We also have a special gift for Scott that we will get up to you guys soon. Something to make him smile when he wakes up. We've called up our "prayer tree" so to speak and there are people praying for Scott who don't even know him. We are not letting anyone up there forget about either of you even for a second! We love you both and are thinking of you so constantly. Please do take care of yourself as best you can. You are Scott's light.

    We love you!

    The Pikes

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you both and you are in our every prayer
    Love the Matthews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, I'm so happy to hear that your doing well considering the situation and that you have so many around you to take care of you and make sure both Scott and you get well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, Joey & I love you and Scott so much and are praying for you. Scott is so strong and has always been such an inspiration to me. I'm positive he will recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ash, I love you and want you to know that you and Scott are in all of my prayers. I also fasted for him yesterday. I know the Lord is watching over you all right now. Sending all my love and faith your way!
    Tiffany Goodson

    ReplyDelete