Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 14: Big Milestone - Tuesday March 27, 2012

SCOTT SPEAKS!!

An uplifting milestone this morning.  After three hours in the ring with Scott, I had the nurses put him in the Med-Chair at around 7am for a change of environment.  When the Pulmonary Physician came in he had the Respiratory Technician put the “Speaking Valve” on Scott’s trach.  We had told him that Scott appeared to be mouthing words the past day. He then asked Scott “Do you know your name?  “SCOTT MOORE” was Scott’s reply, clear as day!  The physician said to use the speaking valve as much as Scott wanted.

We then recorded him saying “HI MOM”.   (We are currently working on uploading that audio file). Then Ashley asked him “Do you know who I am?”  And Scott said “MY WIFE”.  Big grins ran amok throughout the entire floor.



When the Speech Therapist came she asked Scott if he wanted some water.  Scott said yes and the following video shows Scott taking his first sips of water and swallowing.  Sorry we weren't able to get it rotated.

Medically Scott had his Shoulder x-rays taken yesterday evening and a CAT Scan of his facial fractures taken this morning.  Results of each should be forthcoming later today.

A great start to a beautiful day!

Mickey Moore








13 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited for you guys! He looks great and seems to be making so wonderful strides! I'm so glad that he knows who Ashley is. That makes my whole day! More prayers and love are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so glad he knows who Ashley is and is speaking! Hurray for Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ashley!!! "MY WIFE!" Those must be the two most beautiful words in the world right now!!!!!!!!!

    I am just in tears I am so happy!!! HOORAY!!!!!!

    Kenny is out of the house (and doesn't have a cell phone, of course) but I am running out to tell him the second I hear that garage door!!!!

    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY!! Oh, that is so wonderful! I am SOOO happy, and I'm sure you are, too!! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! We celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH so very happy for you both!!!! Heavenly father is watching over you both. Our prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I read the posts it brings tears to my eyes. These are definitely happy tears! I'm so excited for the Moore Family right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so many tears of joy for you Ashley! That is so exciting! We are continuing to send prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley!! How wonderful! Kyle and I have been following the blog everyday and we were both so happy to see this post! We will continue to pray and keep you both in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are continuing to pray but I am very excited to hear the good news!!! He also looks more like scott, with all the swelling doing down!!!! Congrats Ashley on the well accomplished day (it's like you won the wrestling match), I totally got teary!!!!
    Nicole groves

    ReplyDelete
  11. WA HOOOOO !!!!!! that is so exciting!! happy tears and prayers of thankfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cried, too! Oh YAY! We are praying so hard for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glascow Coma Scale (GCS) now = 15 !!!! Absolutely NORMAL !!!
    Can there be any doubt that it's just a matter of time until the rest comes around? No dry eyes here either.
    Sorry that we were late responding to this, but Crystal delivered a beautiful baby girl last night, Cambria Elise, grand child #7 !!
    Way to go Scott, Ashley, Patti, Mickey, Carol, Todd and EVERYONE who has been so incredibly supportive !!!

    ReplyDelete