Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 13: Hope and Positivity- March 26, 2012

A few words that come to mind when I think of Scott are:


Positive
Intelligent
Loving
Driven
Energetic
Happy
Service Oriented


I wanted to take a moment today and post a few photos of Scott that reflect those words. I know that Scott would want us to remain positive during this time.  
So I hope these photos bring a smile to your face. 
Keep up your hope, prayers, and positivity!!

We love you ALL!
October 2011

City of Rocks- June 2009
Echo Triathlon July 2008
Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Game - December 2011

Scott playing his guitar during the USA- Pro Cycling Challenge in Colorado (August 2011)

Scott and Ashley after church January 2012

Our Silly Valentine's Day photos. Having some fun with mustaches.
Feb 14, 2012
Boston Marathon April 2010
Scott doing Clinical Laboratory research on DePEGylation of Blood Cells.
(Later published in the Magazine of Clinical Laboratory Science. On September 22, 2011)
Scott in his Air Force Uniform after C.O.T. June 2009
Scott and Ashley Salt Lake City Temple May 2011

Scott at Commissioned Officer Training June 2009 

Scott and Ashley building decks in Oregon.
Alternative Spring Break - Habitat For Humanity March - 2008

Antelope Island Buffalo Duathlon - May 2008

Scott placing at the Buffalo Duathlon



Scott participating in the Vineman Triathlon (Ironman) In California August 2010



The quote of the day:

From President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
October of 2008 (The Infinite Power of Hope)

"Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. It is confidence that if we live according to God’s laws and the words of His prophets now, we will receive desired blessings in the future.  It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance."




Love,
Ashley 










7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks Ash. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,

    I am sooo very glad that you did this. I have been feeling that some recognition, remembrance and photos of the "healthy Scott" would be nice for all of us to have as we are all coming to terms with this tragedy in our own ways. This was very healing for me! Thanks "Ash-a-lee"!

    And... can I say publicly, how very grateful I am for the strength of the relationship you and Scott have and the depth of the love that you and Scott share. Every mother hopes that for their child, but Scott's intense love for you will offer him such great strength and comfort in this horrible situation!

    Love you!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,

    Greg and I have been following you and Scott's story very closely. We think about you guys a lot, and hope and pray for the best. You played a special role in Greg's life, and with Greg's accidents and his love for cycling, this situation is just really close to our hearts. We hope our thoughts and prayers are reaching you guys out there!

    Nikki Bean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great Ashley!! And they did bring smiles. Love you both.
    Kristie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures! Our hearts and prayers are with you! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley,
    I don't know if you remember me but we were in the same student ward a few years ago. I heard about Scott's accident from Bree's facebook. For some reason I have been thinking about you guys so much since the accident and I have been anxious to hear about his progress.
    I sort of feel like a stalker looking at your blog but I want you to know what an impact this blog has had on me. My husband and I have an awesome relationship like you and Scott but our scripture study is slacking. Your blog has given me the inspiration to try to be better and to work on that. I appreciate you sharing that with us.
    I will keep you guys in my prayers. Keep being so strong!
    Tami (and Nick) Jones

    ReplyDelete