Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 22 "Parasites"

Day 22. "Parasites" Patti signing in... Okay...his IV is now officially out. He is down to the trach and the feeding tube as the only "attachments"! Yeah! He will get his first shower tonight. He is quite excited! He was able to raise his right arm (at the shoulder) to 50 degrees tonight for the first time. Yesterday, he could raise it to 20 degrees. You are probably wondering about the parasites.... Well, I was telling Scott about an adventure I had yesterday. I needed to stop by a grocery store on my way into the hospital from Scashley's house... Looking for some healthy food options. Not knowing the chains here in Phoenix, I stopped into Food City, not realizing that it was a Mexican grocery store. They had a yummy looking tortilleria at the front of the store, Spanish music over the loudspeaker, Spanish labels on everything,... but they did not have most of the items I was looking for.... Definitely not the place to go for healthy food options. Yikes. Soooo.... I began relating my story to Scott and began by telling him that I went to Food City. Before I could proceed any further into my adventure, Scott replied, " So you could bring me some parasites?". We got a pretty good laugh over that! Oh.... Before I forget. ...for those visiting Scott in Barrow. Parking is available in the 3rd Avenue garage north of Thomas Road, on 3rd Avenue. The first 1.5 hours are free; 2 hours is $1.50,3-6 hours is $3.00, 6 hours and over is $10.00. The rehab unit will validate one parking ticket per patient per day, so.... Chances are we can get your parking validated, depending on family visitors that day. Visiting hours end at 8:30 pm. There is a nurses station up front. They can help you find Scott's room. Talk to you soon! Patti

5 comments:

  1. Scott is looking much better and I am so happy to hear of the progress.Everything is moving in the right direction. Go Scott. Mike Pewters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Barrow!!! New people to be amazed by Scott! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for you and checking in everyday!! I am so inspired at how well Scott is handling the challenges...though, like you, I expected nothing less!! I pray the Lord will continue to bless him and that he will experience some additional miracles and good news...and YEAH for finally being at a great facility! - Jen Garbett

    ReplyDelete
  4. If assessing his cognitive status...the parasite comment.... Inappropriate or especially witty?
    Patti

    ReplyDelete