Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 60- Our First 5 Years- May 12, 2012

Today marks 5 years since Scott and I were married. We have learned so much in those five years of being together. We have done so many fun things, accomplished so many goals, and have had many, many heartaches along the way.

At the beginning of March I started working on the anniversary gift I wanted to give to Scott. I decided I was going to make a 100 page book and have it printed. This book would have photos and memories of our first 5 years together. It would include stories, thoughts, and pictures. I sorted through oodles and oodles of memories as I started piecing this book together. Then the accident happened on March 13th... I didn't have time to finish the book but I did have ALL of those memories fresh in my mind. 

I will share with you one of those special moments. Keep in mind I had watched this only a week before the accident happened. Sometime I think that God prepares us...




I couldn't have known that almost 5 years after this video was made I would be sitting in a hospital room watching my husband fight for his life. When we married each other that day we didn't say "Till Death Do Us Part." Instead, the words that were said in our ceremony that day were, "For Time and For All Eternity." I am so thankful that I fully believe that my husband and I don't have to say goodbye when death comes to call.

One of the first of his belongings that I was able to hold when I first got to the ICU was his wedding ring... a circle, a symbol of infinity. It reminded me of that promise that we made to each other on May 12, 2007. I knew that whatever the outcome of this situation I would have my Scott with me forever.

I also could not have known that 2 months after Scott's accident he would back in our home with me!! Not only is he home but he remembers me. He remembers his family, he remember his commitments, and he is striving every day to return!!

This anniversary isn't about flowers, chocolates, or gifts... 
It's about the fact that I still have the man I love at my side!


I love you Scott Moore, with all my heart!!

5 comments:

  1. Your love, dedication, and committment to each other and to your marriage is inspiring! Yours is a true love story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing video. How precious that you had the forethought to make a video on your way from the temple, immediately after your sealing. It certainly brought tears to our eyes to see Ashley in her wedding gown and with the tiara. You look like Cinderella or some other beautiful princess. And Scott's responses were exactly like we have been watching on the recovery videos. Ashley "prompts" him and he repeats her words. He TRULY has returned to the same cadence and mannerism as he had 5 years ago. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this inspiring video. We wish you "Happy Birthday", "Happy Anniversary", and hopefully "Happy Mother's Day", when the time is right. For Scott..."Happy Return" It's so wonderful to see that you used to be the way we see you now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just barely celebrated our 5th anniversary too! : ) Happy Anniversary you two! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, Its Cheryl Turner Polson (Tom and Zella Turner's daughter) I can't remember if I have posted before or not, but I just wanted to thank you for your strength and testimony. I shared your story with my Laurels on Sunday as we talked about the importance of not loosing sight of the goal to make it to the temple, not only for ourselves but to be sealed in the temple for all eternity. Thank you for your example. You are in our families prayers and even though you may not remember me, I remember being in your ward and knowing your amazing family. You and Scott will touch many many lives through this experience for good. Thank you for being so willing to make this a journey for many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears! So many tears in my eyes. :) I cant even see!
    You're beautiful Ashley. And I love you. I love both of you and am so happy you have each other!

    ReplyDelete