Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 55 -Healing Spirits- May 7, 2012



Well tonight's post is brought to you by Mickey. A big thanks for both him and Carol. We are so appreciative of all they have done. Thank you both for all your love.




I appreciate Ashley and Scott for graciously offering me another opportunity to share my thoughts on Scott’s amazing recovery to date.

While much of Scott’s progress can be attributed to his physical, mental and spiritual strength, he would not be this far this fast without everyone’s thoughts and prayers.  Your omnipresent healing spirit is Scott’s light, and it has shown itself in every corner of my personal and professional life.  The following is one of many stories about this healing spirit and how it truly breaks the barriers of politics, culture, class, religion, and race:

A week ago I telephoned one of my clients, a Houston manufacturing company, to speak with the President and update him on my status.  Before connecting me, the person answering the phone tells me that the moment she heard about my son she went to the back room and got on her knees and prayed for him, and that even though she did not know his name, she has prayed for him every day.

While this may sound familiar, here is what makes this example of healing spirit incredibly special...
  • My phone call was not answered by the normal administrative assistant, but a minimum wage hourly worker from the manufacturing assembly line filling in over lunch hour
  • This worker is a minority single mother who lives in poverty and struggles to ensure her children stay in school and get to their parole/court appearances
  • She works simple manual assembly 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in a 100+ degree Texas warehouse just to make ends meet 
  • My relationship with her consisted of inspecting the assembly line and her emptying the office trash where I would do my work
  • I feared that I constantly insulted her by butchering her name and mispronouncing it with some stereotypical African-American treatment
  • On the surface we have nothing in common; not politics, not culture, not class, not religion, not race, only a passing smile
  • Yet this beautiful soul dropped on her knees in the dirty backroom of a manufacturing warehouse every day to offer all she had to give for us, her healing spirit.

Regardless of politics, culture, class, religion and race, prayer unites us all.  We are so grateful to all healing spirits.

Love -- Mickey Moore

1 comment:

  1. Mickey, ... you make such a great point. It is easy to get discouraged with society when listening to the evening news, etc., which portrays some horrific stories. But... this tragedy / experience has shown us the immense natural good in people, and has reminded us and proved to us that the majority of people are good, loving, caring, empathetic, and willing to help. How reassuring!

    ReplyDelete